In an age of science and reason, novel questions are being raised about Islam’s relationship with science and in particular Darwinian evolution, this lecture will cover the:
- The relationship between science and certainty,
- Why Darwinian theory is based on a probabilistic framework,
- Why it’s assumptions are beginning to be challenged and the disputes that exist about it’s most fundamental ideas,
- Darwinism as a religious and ethical system,
- Islamic stance on the Darwinian Theory.
This talk was delivered by iERA’s Subboor Ahmad at Oxford Brookes University in March 2017