Last night London was attacked by cowardly terrorists. While hundreds of thousands of Muslims in London were breaking their fasts, praying and engaging in spiritual reflection, three men attacked innocent civilians, killing seven.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families and friends. We would like to ask all people of good will, including all of our supporters, to do whatever they can to help.
We advise the following:
- Donate to the relevant charities that are involved in supporting those who have been affected by last night’s depraved acts.
- Donate blood.
- Assist the authorities with the investigation in any possible way.
- Become volunteers to the relevant organisations that are involved dealing with such events.
- Spread positivity and love by doing random acts of kindness.
- In a time of anxiety and fear, educate the wider society on the teachings of Islam that promote tolerance, compassion and fairness for all.
- Pray for a safe and peaceful London and world.
Some of our staff and volunteers are already in the process of doing the above.
What seems to be trending from such events, is that the cowardly attackers, if Muslim, have had a very poor and shallow grasp of Islamic ethics and theology. We believe that teaching Muslims how to articulate their faith with compassion and reason, as well as empowering new Muslims to understand their faith is an essential part of the struggle against the perversion of Islam.
We will continue to educate both Muslims and non-Muslims about the beauty of Islam, as it is part of the solution.
We pray God showers us all with His mercy and keeps us all safe.
iERA is a UK Registered Charity (No: 1134566)
Contact iERA for comment/interview at [email protected]