On Sunday 25 July 2010, iERA Researcher and Lecturer, Hamza Tzortzis will be participating – with members of his family, their friends and colleagues – in a bike ride from London to Cambridge for the charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
Raising awareness of Breast Cancer is a very important cause for the following reasons:
– Nearly 46,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year in the UK.
– Its is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the UK.
– 1 in 9 women in the UK will develop it at some point in their lifetime.
– Around 1,000 women die of it every month in the UK.
– Around 300 men are diagnosed with it every year in the UK.
– More women than ever in the UK are surviving breast cancer thanks to better awareness, better screening and better treatments.
Breakthrough Breast Cancer is a pioneering charity dedicated to the prevention, treatment and ultimate eradication of breast cancer. They believe passionately that this disease can be beaten. By fighting on three fronts – research, campaigning and education – they are determined to save and change lives by removing the fear of breast cancer for good. Please visit their website for more information www.breakthrough.org.uk.
Please make the bike ride a worthy event by supporting this cause!