iERA’s Hamza Tzortzis delivered the course for students as well as teachers, focusing on the rational and spiritual foundations of Islam.
Imran Ahmed who attended and helped organise the course said:
“Alhamdulillah the course was an eye-opener for many of us, and we all benefitted from it immensely. Like the other iERA Dawah courses delivered by Ustadh Hamza, there’s always a new dimension taught from a different perspective that adds more value to the Dawah… ”
The topics covered included:
- The self-evident truth of God’s existence
- The existential implications denying God
- The role of the fitrah (innate nature) in Islamic thought
- The argument from dependency
- The Quranic argument for God’s existence
- Does science lead to atheism?
- The multilayered and multi-levelled approach to the Qur’an
- The proof of the Prophet Muhammad’s (peace be upon him) Prophethood
- Christology: the incoherence of Christian theology
- Why Allah deserves and is worthy of our worship
The participants felt empowered and ready to continue their journey of sharing the message of Islam with compassion and reason.
If you are looking for dawah training for your Masjid, institute or organisation, visit iera.org/request to request an iERA speaker now.