- This event has passed.
The Eternal Challenge Workshop
March 18, 2016 - March 19, 2016
Can you go toe to toe with the likes of Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and Neil Degrasse Tyson when they attack Islam and the Quran?
Join iERA and Al-Bayan Institute as we present “The Most Important College Class You Never Took” – THE ETERNAL CHALLENGE
Friday 7:30-9:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
(Babysitting will be provided on Saturday)
[su_button url=”http://bit.ly/EternalChallenge” target=”blank” background=”#eec135″ icon=”icon: desktop”]CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW[/su_button]
Fahad Tasleem will be the instructor for this class which will give you the intellectual tools to deal with the most pressing issues in our modern age, like:
• What do we do when a scientific fact contradicts the Quran?
• How do we present the miracle of the Quran to someone who doesn’t know any Arabic?
• Has science burried the belief in God?
• Does Islam have a rational answer to every question?
This one day academic research workshop will look at:
1. The Scientific method and the Philosophy of Science
2. The Epistemic value of science vs. the epistemic value of the Quran
3. The power of an ayah vs. the power of pure rationality
4. The Quran Defined & the Challenge of the Quran
5. The Unique Structure, Style and Content of the Qur’an
6. Explaining the Quran’s Linguistic Miracle to a non-Arab
7. The Qurans impact on Society
8. Quranic Reflections & A New Approach in Explain Natural Phenomena
9. Surah al-Kahf and the History of Science.
10. Why there are NO SCIENTIFIC MIRACLES in the Quran.
The Eternal Challenge – The Limits of Science and the Miracles of the Qur’an
You are either at work, university or watching a documentary. You can’t help but feel that the Qur’an is being dismissed as irrational and incoherent: “The Qu’ran is an old book full of myths”, “The Qur’an is inaccurate”, “The Quran contains mistakes”, “The Qur’an was written by a man”, “The Qur’an copied the Bible”, and “The Qur’an has no evidence for its claims”.
You cannot answer these questions, and you’re not happy with what you find on the internet. So what do you do?
Well, iERA’s research team has developed The Eternal Challenge: The Limits of Science and the Linguistic Miracle of the Qur’an Islamic thought workshop to empower you with the right tools and concepts to successfully articulate the linguistic miracle of the Qur’an to non-Arabs and to be able to reconcile and understand revelation in our age of science.
The Eternal Challenge workshop has been designed to take you from not knowing anything about how to provide a strong case for the Qur’an to someone who can discuss it confidently with your neighbour and with the likes of Professor Richard Dawkins.
– Is science the only way to truth?
– How do we understand science and revelation?
– What is a miracle?
– What is the intellectual challenge of the Qur’an?
– How do we respond to academic, orientalist and popular objections?
– What makes the Qur’an a linguistic miracle?
– What are the philosophical implications?
– How do we articulate the miracle to non-Arabs?