As salaam alaykum Brothers and Sisters
I hope this message reaches you all in the best of health and eman.
Alhamdulillah it’s been a couple of months since our last newsletter and the iERA team have been busy again mashAllah. So here is a quick round-up of December and January’s activities.
What’s Been Happening?
Strategic and Organisational Changes
In my last post, I mentioned that we have been reviewing our strategy and have realigned our organisational structure. This included adding a new Community Development wing to our charity. I am now pleased to announce that we have managed to secure an experienced Head of Community Development, Abu Tayeb Khairdeen who will be helping to establish a new iERA office in the north, and develop our national iERA community initiatives insh’Allah.
We have also been blessed with a new experienced Head of PR and Media, Mohammed Hussain, who has been tasked with helping to promote some of iERA’s work in the media.
We are also moving our distribution hub to the north for further cost savings with more reductions still in the pipeline.
The Mission Dawah team continues to push the mass dawah movement by supporting teams in the UK and Internationally. They have held UK dawah missions with teams in Birmingham, Leicester, Manchester, London and elsewhere around the country. This was coupled with the delivery of dawah courses in many towns and cities too.
For further information, please visit www.facebook.com/MissionDawah to see what else they’ve been doing.
The One Reason website is currently undergoing a revamp. See our latest updated website here:
One Reason has been sending out free material to the dawah teams in the UK and around the world, as well as supporting lot’s of University Islamic societies with material in preparation for the annual Islamic Awareness Week.
The team have additionally printed thousands of new initiation cards as part of the ‘Convey One Ayat’ campaign that have already been posted out to dawah teams to help support their public engagement work.
In terms of videos, after the successful launch of the last videos, the team are currently completing a new video entitled ‘Gratitude’ which we hope to launch soon. See our previous two videos here:
We are also planning for the writing and printing of several new publications, which we hope to translate into different languages insh’Allah.
The Research Department, headed up by Hamza Tzortzis has been relentlessly delivering talks and lectures across the globe, while writing articles and research papers to help support the dawah.
With lectures and conferences in the USA and the UK over the period, the team continues to help motivate Muslims to get involved in dawah.
Additionally, more Islamic Thought webinars were also delivered in December and January, completing a series of over 40 webinars over the past few months.
The Muslim Now team continues to provide services to support our new Muslim community. Over the past couple of months the team has held monthly webinars, sent newsletters and posted out approximately 100 New Muslim packs.
The team has recently agreed to roll out a ‘New Muslim Friendly’ campaign with various major mosques around the UK, including Birmingham. This will be a targeted campaign to help new Muslims and train others to help support them.
We are continuing with our plans to develop several major cities around the UK. Below are some of our highlights over December and January:
• A talk and mini training workshop at Welford Road Masjid
• A dawah mission in Leicester Town Centre
• Hundreds of items of dawah material distributed
• Support of the As-Suffa Homeless project fundraiser which helped raise over £100k
• A ‘My Journey to Islam’ event at the Muath Centre to highlight the need for new Muslim support and raise funds for a new Muslim campaign in Birmingham
• Working with Birmingham Mosque to deliver new Muslim support beginning in March 2015
• A talk by Hamza Tzortzis at Solihull Mosque
• A Dawah Course at the As Suffa Institute
• A Dawah Mission in Birmingham City Centre
• Thousands of items of dawah material given out to Muslims to help distribute to friends and neighbours
Manchester and Salford
• A 2-day workshop entitled ‘The Divine Reality’ was delivered by Hamza Tzortzis at Salford University and attended by over 150 people
•A further 1-day workshop entitled ‘The Eternal Challenge’ was delivered at Salford University by Hamza Tzortzis, which was was attended by approximately 150 people
• A ‘My Journey to Islam’ event at the Edmonton Mosque to highlight the need for new Muslim support
• A 1-day course to train Muslims on how to care for new Muslims entitled ‘Now Ready To Grow’ was delivered by Abdurraheem Green at Edmonton Mosque
• Various Dawah Missions carried out
• Training courses delivered in several mosques
• Talks given at university Isoc’s
• A 2 day ‘Divine Reality’ workshop was delivered by Hamza Tzortzis at Queen Mary’s University and attended by over 160 attendees
• A further 1 day workshop entitled ‘The Eternal Challenge’ was delivered at Queen Mary’s University by • Hamza and was attended by an incredible 260 people
Canada & USA
• Various dawah missions and dawah courses delivered around Canada
• A winter campaign was launched
• 4,000 dawah materials distributed to universities for Islam Awareness Week
Launch of our new Value Campaigns
iERA was due to launch it’s anti-Racism campaign a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, after the France shootings, iERA felt it was more important to roll out another campaign entitled ‘Don’t Hate, Debate’ to encourage Muslims to positively engage with non-Muslims over the topic of free speech. This was positively received and you’ll hear more about this in our February round up.
This delayed the anti-Racism campaign which will now be launched on 28th February 2015 on the same day that the anti-Islamic Pegida movement from Germany will be marching through the city of Newcastle.
The campaign has already been piloted in several cities by the iERA team with many more now planned around the UK.
Your Support for iERA
In closing, I hope this short newsletter allows you to appreciate the hard work that the iERA team is doing. Please continue to hold iERA in your prayers and support us in the dawah.
May Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) count us all amongst the righteous and successful, about which He (SWT) says:
“Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining righteousness and forbidding evil. And it is they who are the successful.”
Surah Al Imran, verse 104