Home Community

Community

Britons United Against Racism, Against Hatred

iERA
“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white – except by piety and good action.” — Prophet Muhammad (upon whom be […]

iERA Muslim Winter Support featured on the BBC

iERA
On Sunday 8th February 2015, Abu Tayeb Khairdeen, Head of Community Development for the Islamic Education and Research Academy (iERA) was invited onto Mike Hill’s Sunday morning BBC Tees Breakfast show to discuss iERA’s national campaign; Muslim Winter Support. Abu Tayeb spoke at length about each of us, people of faith and none, helping our […]

I am a revert: Born Muslims inspired me!

iERA
By Steeve Brador During my journey as a new Muslim, I came across people who were truly inspirational and made a huge difference in my life. But nowadays, it feels like we only hear about the problems surrounding new Muslims and our failure to support them. Rarely do we hear about the other side of […]

iERA launch building new Muslim-friendly communities Campaign

iERA
iERA launches a campaign to help our communities becoming “new Muslim – friendly” “Do new Muslims feel welcome in your community? As a community, do you provide any social or educational activities for them? Do you know how to help them deal with the common challenges they face when accepting Islam? Do new Muslims remain […]

iERA Receives Award for Contribution to Humanity

iERA
iERA’s Mohummed Sayed visited Dubai to meet the Dar Al Ber Society, a prestigious charity organisation based in the United Arab Emirates which helps the poor and assists in the teaching of the religion of Islam throughout the UAE. Mohummed met with key individuals from the charity and discussed ways in which iERA and them […]

iERA raises £3k for hospital at half marathon

iERA
Wembley workers raise £3k for hospital at half marathon Hamza Tzortzis and Muhummed Sayed took part in the Run Hackney half marathon Originally published in Get West London Muhummed Sayed, left, and Hamza Tzortzis, employees at the Wembley-based Islamic Education and Research Academy, ran the Run Hackney half marathon and raised more than £3,000 for […]

iERA facilitates effective victim support

iERA
iERA lecturer and instructor Saleem Chagtai visited the Victim Support team at the Plymouth Magistrates Court to help them with some matters pertaining to the community. Regrettably, Plymouth has seen a rise in hate crime against the Muslim community in the city and Victim Support wanted some help in understanding Islam and Muslims in order […]

iERA Invited By Local Children’s Scouts Group

iERA
iERA’s Haroon Qureshi was invited by South London Scouts to give information and conduct activities helping to educate staff on the Islamic faith. This endeavour formed part of the curriculum in order for scouts to be awarded the Faith Badge. Haroon delivered short workshops to both Muslim and Non-Muslim scout groups on social cohesion, understanding […]