Debate: Does Islam Need A Reformation?
THE BIG QUESTION: DOES ISLAM NEED A REFORMATION?
FRIDAY 26TH FEBRUARY | CENTRAL LONDON
In the aftermath of the tragic terrorist attacks in Paris in November 2015 where 130 people were killed, and the ongoing conflict in Syria and Iraq involving the so called ‘Islamic State’ group, the debate surrounding Islam and reformation has resurfaced once again.
In light of this, on Friday 26th February 2016 in London, iERA will be holding its fourth ‘Don’t Hate, Debate!’ event entitled, ‘The Big Question: Does Islam Need A Reformation?’
This theme and more will be debated by a panel of experts in London on Friday 26th February 2016, whose opinions on the subject matter have shaped the current debate.
The debate will be chaired by journalist and broadcaster, Lauren Booth, and she will be joined by:
• Tom Holland – Historian
• Dr Taj Hargey – Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford
• Zara Huda Faris – Muslim Debate Initiative
• Theo Hobson – Journalist and theologian
• Safaruk Chowdhury – Theologian
• Abdullah al Andalusi – Muslim Debate Initiative